Sign in to follow this  
MrDoc

We can get scammers' bank accounts closed! Here's how

MrDoc    381

We have contacts with the law enforcement community who would be happy to help you with this. If a scammer sends you bank account details and asks you to transfer the money there, here's what to do: Email all of the following to [email protected], preferably in a single email: 1. The bank account as written by the scammer in his mail. No corrections or alterations necessary because we want to keep the original style from the scammer. 2. A list of the previous accounts from this bait if any. Makes it easier to connect them. 3. The e-mail in which the scammer gave you the new account - with the full e-mail headers! (((If you're using Google Mail, click on the arrow besides "Reply" and select "Show Original". A new window/tab will open and you can copy the interesting stuff that starts with Delivered-To and ends many lines later when the text of the e-mail begins.))) 4. The original scam format so that I can see the scam type. 5. Mails where one scam character sends you to the next one. Shutting down bank accounts may take hours or days, but regardless, tell the scammer that the transfer didn't work and ask for another account. Rinse and repeat, get as many of their bank accounts as possible. These cost them money, and shutting them down creates major problems for them, their OGAs (bosses), and their organizations.

• Like 7

Golden    8

What if the scammer is using someone else's account. I just received the account details of someone other than the scammer. What do I do?

• Like 1

Jean    755

I want to say it's even better, he will have serious problems to explain the facts and it can bring him big troubles. Don't forget the account owner is very probably a partner.

MrDoc    381
What if the scammer is using someone else's account. I just received the account details of someone other than the scammer. What do I do?
1. You can never really know if it belongs to the scammer or not based on the name on the account. They use fake names much more so than they do their real names. Nothing wrong can come from getting it shut down. 2. The accounts they use may belong to their gang or somebody within their gang. Nothing wrong can come from getting it shut down. 3. The account may belong to an aquitance or just somebody who he was referred to, and to whom the lad promised a cut of the money. Nothing wrong can come from getting it shut down. Plus the owner may figure out it was because of his dealing with your lad, and the lad may get a beating. :) 4. The account may belong to a victim. The victim would be better off with it shut down. So there is no way you can go wrong with reporting it.
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1